Friday, February 2, 2007

uncertainty

UNCERTAINTY

I sat by the sea, gazing at the sky
I just asked myself- “why is it so high?”
The sun shined in reply and I closed my eyes
He then whispered-“ask every bird that flies”

“Why is the sky high?”-I asked a passing bird
It chirped into my ears-“uncertainty is the word”
I couldn’t understand, I turned to sun again
By then the sun had set, my efforts went in vain

But I knew I could ask him the very next day
Sure I was, the sun would rise anyway
Then another question arose in my mind
The answer for which I could never find

“Would I be there tomorrow?”
“To see the life’s golden glow”
About my answer I was not very sure
And there was nobody who could assure

Then suddenly a divine voice I heard
It said-“my child, uncertainty is the rhythm of this world”
“You will not smile today, if you know”
“That there will be no tomorrow”

“Forget a house, you will not even build a wall”
“If you know it will anyway fall”
“For any malady, you will not search for a cure”
“If you know that the end is for sure”

“So celebrate…because you do not know”
“What is in store for you tomorrow?”
“Someone has rightly said ignorance is bliss”
“Being God, it is a joy I miss”
But again…if you ask me
I can tell you-“you are LIVING because of UNCERTAINTY”

No comments: